Beauty Care with Ayurveda
Namaste from HemaVeda
Each one of us is uniquely beautiful! We all want to feel beautiful inside and out. Ayurveda promotes “beauty from within” where a healthy digestive system is nourished incorporating Ayurvedic lifestyle and Skin care in your daily routine.
Ayurveda treats each individual according to her unique inner self. Ayurveda works on balancing the whole body recommending routines for healthy digestion that optimizes energy and treating each individual according to her specific dosha (constitution).
Knowing your constitution
Once you are familiar with your body type you can follow the appropriate diet and lifestyle according to the Dosha and constitution to help your digestive fire and maintain the balance.
- I recommend drinking plenty of warm water for all seasons (specially winters) and herbal teas based on the constitution.
- Vata Skin- Dry, harsh, thin, fine-pored, delicate and wrinkle-prone – Consume more warm and cooked foods with healthy fats. Foods that are grounding in nature e.g.- sweet potatoes. Fresh seasonal berries and warm herbal teas. Oily foods like Ghee, avocado, coconut, olives, buttermilk, cheese, eggs, whole milk (preferably non-homogenized), wheat, nuts, and seeds are generally supportive as well. Do your best to minimize exceptionally drying foods like popcorn, crackers, white potatoes, beans, and dried fruits.
- Pitta Skin -susceptible to rashes, breakouts, and rosacea if out of balance – Consume seasonal juicy fruits like watermelon (consume any melons alone-not with any food), Rose petal infused warm water, avoid sour and pungent, salty tastes. Consume Green vegetables and sweet fruits like apple, pear. Minimize especially heating oily foods like eggs (egg whites are better), hard cheeses, olives, nuts, sour cream, and the like.
- Kapha skin – thicker and oilier, prone to enlarged pores, blackheads, pimples, and eczema. Kapha is balanced by a diet of freshly cooked, whole foods that are light, dry, warming, well-spiced, and relatively easy to digest—ideally served warm or hot. foods that are light, warm, dry, and rough. favor a wide variety of milder spices in your dishes—things like cardamom,cloves, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, garlic, paprika, and turmeric.
Yoga & Meditation
Mind and Body have a direct correlation. A Happy mind always has a happy face. Regular meditation and Yoga practice is a key to a happy and radiant face. Practice a ten-minute meditation everyday whenever you can, as meditation and yoga calms the mind and body and gives a positive alignment to the body which helps in proper metabolism and digestion.
Daily Routine for Skin care
- Cleanse and exfoliate your skin with Herbal scrub mix-(recommended) the scrub mix of HemaVeda is handcrafted with Organic Ayurvedic Herbs which are all dosha balancing and help exfoliate and cleanse. You can use, 1 tbsp coconut oil 2 tbsp sugar. You can also use herbal powders like Aloe vera, hibiscus, rose, sandalwood for making your homemade scrub.
- After the scrub apply some lukewarm raw full fat milk on the face with a cotton swab. Raw milk has fats and lactic acid, it has tremendous moisturizing, softening properties.
Homemade Herbal Face pack
- 1 tablespoon 1 small tbsp of sandal wood paste
- 2 drops of HemaVeda beauty elixir
- 2 tbsp of besan or Gram flour
- A pinch of turmeric powder
Mix it all with some milk cream or buttermilk
Apply this face pack and keep it on till its dry.
Face pack for Normal skin
- 1/4th portion of fresh avocado fruit pulp
- 1 teaspoon of Bentonite clay
- Aloe vera pulp/juice
- Spring water as per needed
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Face pack for Dry skin
- 1/4th portion of fresh banana
- 2 drops of rosehip seed oil
- 2 drops of vit E oil
- 1 teaspoon of green clay
- 2-3 drops of lemon juice
Face pack for Oily skin
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated cucumber
- 1 teaspoon of Neem powder
- 2 drops of vitamin E
- 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder
- 2-3 drops of fennel tea